When your organization suffers a data breach, can you defend your actions?
- Developed a written information security plan that describes your program to protect customer/client information?
- Designated one or more employees to coordinate your information security program?
- Identified and assessed the risks to customer/client information in each relevant area of your organization’s operation, and evaluated the effectiveness of the current safeguards for controlling those risks?
- Selected service providers that can maintain appropriate safeguards, make sure your contract requires them to maintain safeguards, and oversee their handling of customer/client information?
Information Security Governance Consulting
Our Information Security Governance Consulting practice focuses on helping clients understand and manage information risk. Accordingly, our approach involves analyzing practices needed to safeguard information and information systems, especially where confidentiality, integrity, availability, or non-repudiation of information is paramount. These measures incorporate protection, detection, response, and correction capabilities.
Information Security Program Development
In order to protect any organization’s data, it is imperative there first be a comprehensive understanding of both the business and electronic environment. This means not just the technology solution, but what regulatory issues should be taken into consideration before crafting effective protective solutions. Such an approach aligns security strategy, business goals, and regulatory requirements to minimize risk.
A viable Information Security Program fuses People, Process, and Technical Security Controls with business goals and regulatory requirements to effectively manage information risk across the organization.
Three Critical Success Factors for Information Security Program Success
- Creation of an Information Protection Council (IPC)
- Adoption of the organization’s Information Security Program Charter
- Appointment of an Information Security advocate (CISO, CSO, etc)
BorderHawk’s Information Security Program Development delivers professional services aimed at helping you define and plan the next version of your organization’s security life cycle. Our goal is to help you reduce development costs associated with security, achieve consistency, and manage information risk effectively.